Men and women of all ages can experience wrinkles as their skin ages. While wrinkles are harmless, you may be looking for a way to have skin that looks fresh, smooth, and youthful. At ReVive RX Med Spa, we have many different methods that we can use to help your skin look smooth again. One of the most time-tested treatments is Botox® Cosmetic. We have been offering Botox treatments for many years with success, and we would love to help you on your journey to smooth and beautiful skin.
What Are Botox Injections?
Botox is a toxin that has been harnessed by medical professionals and used for many years because of its neuromodulation properties. It has become one of the most widely used treatments for wrinkle reduction and it can have many other cosmetic and medical applications. Botox is administered as an injection by medical professionals with specific training and expertise in the area. We have many years of experience in Botox injections and we focus on safety and comfort with every treatment.
How Does Botox Work?
The main ingredient in Botox is botulinum toxin. This substance is a neuromodulator. This means that it has the ability to block transmissions from the nerves to the muscles. When we inject Botox into a muscle of the face, it stops the nerves from communicating with the muscles, allowing the muscles to relax even when you make certain facial expressions. The toxin is only injected into certain key muscles of the face so that natural motion can be retained. With certain muscles relaxed in the face, dynamic wrinkles in the target area will be unable to form.
Common Treatment Areas for Botox
- Forehead: When you raise your eyebrows, it can cause horizontal forehead lines to form over time. Botox can be administered so that you can raise your eyebrows without having these lines form.
- Crow’s Feet: The wrinkles that form at the corners of your eyes when you crinkle them up in a smile are known as crow’s feet. If these wrinkles bother you, we can treat them with Botox.
- Frown Lines: Sometimes called 11’s, the vertical lines that appear between the eyebrows are a source of self-consciousness for some people. These can disappear temporarily with Botox treatments.
Additional Uses for Botox
At our clinic, we can offer many more uses for Botox. While FDA-approved for use on facial wrinkles, we also offer Botox services for:
- Excessive Sweating Conditions: If you have problems with excessive sweating in the underarm area, we may be able to help with Botox injections.
- Jawline Modification: Using Botox, we can help slim the jawline of certain individuals.
- TMJD Disorder: Tension in the jaw muscle can cause pain and other problems. This may be treatable with Botox.
- Calf Muscle Injections: If you are unhappy with the size of your calf muscles or they are causing you pain, Botox injections can slim the calf muscle and relax muscle tension.
What Can You Expect From Botox Treatments?
Your facial anatomy is unique which means all of our treatments are unique, too. When you come for treatments, we will ask you to smile, frown, and raise your eyebrows so that we can observe how your face moves during these expressions. With this information, we can better customize our treatments to fit your situation.
With a plan in place, we can proceed with the treatment. Injections are made onto clean skin either with or without numbing cream. If you want numbing cream, you may have to arrive early to allow the topical medication to take effect. Even without local anesthetic, Botox injections are not painful. A small needle is used and you shouldn’t feel more than a slight stinging sensation or a pinch.
It will take some time to begin noticing the effects of the treatment. Within 48 hours, you may start to see some changes when you smile or frown. By one week, these changes will be more noticeable. After one month, the injection will have reached its full effect.
How Often Will I Need Additional Treatments?
If your goal is to maintain the results of your treatment, we recommend scheduling regular follow-up appointments every three or four months. With this schedule, you can maintain your smooth skin and can even see greater improvement as time goes on.
Who Are the Best Candidates for Botox?
The best candidates for Botox Cosmetic are those who are in good overall health and who have healthy skin in the treatment area. It is also important to us that the patients we treat all have realistic expectations and goals for their Botox treatments and have a good understanding of what the treatment can do for them. While Botox cannot reverse the signs of aging, it can do a lot to help minimize the appearance of fines lines and wrinkles and can prevent folds in the skin from getting worse.
Schedule Botox Treatments in Kansas City, MO
If you have concerns about wrinkles on your face, you are suffering from TMJD, or you have any of the other concerns we’ve mentioned, we would love to hear from you about Botox injections.
At Revive RX Med Spa, our services are always centered around our patients. We prioritize your safety and comfort from the consultation to our post-treatment care. If you have any questions about Botox Cosmetic or you are interested in finding more about the treatment, you can call and schedule an appointment with us today or use our online form to reach out. We serve Kansas City, MO and other surrounding areas.