the scoop on
PDO Thread Lift: Smooth Threads & Lifting Threads
Lift and Smooth threads are a non-surgical, minimally invasive way to improve the look of your skin and lips. We inject a synthetic absorbable thread made of polydioxanone (PDO) under the skin. As the body absorbs this thread over 4 to 6 months, it stimulates your body to produce more collagen.
Revive RX Med Spa is thrilled to offer this one-of-a-kind service taking beauty to the next level! The PDO Thread Lift procedure safely and instantly lifts loose skin on the face, neck and the body with minimal downtime.
As we age, the effects of gravity become more noticeable on our faces, especially as our facial support structure weakens and we lose facial fat. Until recently, the only way to address problems caused by facial skin laxity – such as saggy jowls and droopy cheeks – was through a facelift.
PDO stands for polydioxanone, which is safely absorbed by the body. Polydioxanone (PDO) threads are a special medical grade thread that is thinner than hair, made of protein. Your skin will fully absorb the PDO threads within 4 to 6 months without leaving any scar tissue. PDO relaxes tendons and muscles, causing a foreign body reaction that improves the blood flow to the area stimulating neocollagenesis, the production of new collagen in the skin. This is the principle behind many aesthetic procedures such as; fractional lasers, skin tightening treatments and microneedling or PRF.
Who is this procedure for?
Anyone with minimal signs of aging who need just a small lift. Good candidates are those patients who are starting to see some droopiness of the brow, cheeks, jowls and/or neck and would like to see a lift effect, but do not want the risk, scars, or recovery of a real brow lift, facelift, or neck lift operation.
– If you are looking to define your natural features such as your jawline or pronounce your cheekbones. (The most popular areas are upper face, lower face, neck, crows feet, and brows.)
– Someone who does not want to undergo a surgical facelift or necklift for various reasons such as not wanting the prolonged recovery of a standard facelift or a facelift is too expensive.
– People who have had some relapse from a previous plastic surgery procedure such as a facelift or neck lift.
What is the procedure like?
– The areas to be treated will be numbed with anesthetic before getting started. Most patients say they cannot feel anything at all. (Which is great!)
– Then locations are marked on the surface of the skin.
– PDO Threads are then inserted under the skin in precise locations using a small needle with the PDO Thread attached.
– This lifts and support droopy elements without removing any skin.
– PDO thread grasps onto the droopy skin and soft tissue to reposition the skin.
– No cuts or incisions in this service are performed
– The lift effect is then secured, the needle is removed and the thread stays secure within the tissue.
– Depending on the desired effect of the lift, few to several sutures will be used.
– The PDO suture stays underneath the skin.